The CLASSIC JAW ASSEMBLY
is another classic design adopted from sailboat/marine technology for use in architectural handrails. It is used for straight or angled runs in metal posts and is attached to welded tabs or holes drilled directly into flat bar. Use either PROFESSIONAL SWAGING SERVICE
or HAND SWAGING
- 11 assemblies needed for each cable run 36" high.
- 13 assemblies needed for each cable run 42" high. TIP: It's more economical to have longer cable runs that run continuously around corners so fewer fittings are needed.
Parts and services needed to complete 1 assembly :
- 1x19 STAINLESS CABLE for straight runs and runs with slight bends or 7x7 STAINLESS CABLE for runs that have 90 degree corners.
- 1 CLASSIC JAW TURNBUCKLE + 1 SWAGE JAW ENDNote: For all Assembly lengths >50' (70' max) and/or runs from 0-70' with more than 1 90 degree corner, it is recommended to omit the SWAGE JAW END and use 2 CLASSIC JAW TURNBUCKLES instead to allow cable tightening at both ends of your run.
- PROFESSIONAL SWAGING SERVICE or CABLE CUTTER + CABLE CRIMPER tools to hand swage your wire rope assemblies.
Need help designing your railing project or an estimate? Email drawings(non-technical OK) to us at:
and we will respond within 24 hours. See the WORKSHEETS
tab for additional resources or just phone/fax us at 1-888-686-7245 (RAIL)
. We are happy to help!
For more information and product inspiration, check out our videos on cable railing
and our deck railing designs