The FineLine™ JAW/METAL ASSEMBLY
is a compact, architectural assembly that represents the best in engineered cable rail systems for your metal posts. Drilled holes are tapped for each THREADED EYE
. Also works great for angled stair cable runs. Articulating design accommodates any stair pitch. Use HAND SWAGING
for this assembly type.
- 11 assemblies needed for each cable run 36" high.
- 13 assemblies needed for each cable run 42" high. TIP: It's more economical to have longer cable runs that run continuously around corners so fewer fittings are needed.
Minimum post requirements:
- STEEL PIPE 2"x 2"x 1/4" or 1 1/2" ID or 1 1/8" OD
- ANGLE IRON or WELDED TAB 2"x 2"x 1/2"
- FLAT BAR 2" wide and 1" thick
Parts and services needed to complete this cable assembly:
- FIXED JAW CLEVIS WITH 1x19 CABLE for straight runs and runs with slight bends or FIXED JAW CLEVIS WITH 7x7 CABLE for runs that have 90 degree corners. A FIXED JAW CLEVIS is "fixed" at one end of the cable by pre-swaging (no charge) at the factory and is not to be swaged by hand in the field.
- 1 FineLine™ JAW TURNBUCKLE + 2 THREADED EYE Note: For all Assembly lengths >50' (70' max) and/or runs from 0-70' with more than 1 90 degree corner, it is recommended to omit the FIXED JAW CLEVIS WITH CABLE and use 2 FineLine™ JAW TURNBUCKLES instead to allow cable tightening at both ends of your run. In this situation, substitute the FIXED JAW CLEVIS WITH CABLE with STAINLESS CABLE
- CABLE CUTTER + CABLE CRIMPER tools to hand swage your wire rope assemblies.
Need help designing your railing project or an estimate? Email drawings(non-technical OK) to us at:
and we will respond within 24 hours. See the WORKSHEETS
tab for additional resources or just phone/fax us at 1-888-686-7245 (RAIL)
. We are happy to help!
For more information and product inspiration, check out our videos on cable railing
and our deck railing designs