Cable Railing Systems by Stainless Cable & Railing Inc.
ESTIMATES BY PHONE:
888-686-7245 7am-5pm PST
Cable Railing Estimate
CHECKOUT
Call us: 888-686-7245
REQUEST FREE ESTIMATE
About Our Wood Supplier


ABOUT OUR WOOD SUPPLIER



The deforestation of exotic woods is a serious issue, especially since most of the countries where these woods are harvested suffer from poverty. We understand this issue, but also understand how much and in what ways international exotic wood trade actually impacts wood consumption.

First of all, international trade accounts for a tiny percent of wood consumption within these countries. According to a study commissioned by GREENPEACE in Germany, “forestry” is only responsible for about 6% of forest depletion in tropical countries. The main causes of deforestation are actually poverty, population pressures, and changes in agriculture.

Only 17% of tropical roundwood production is for “industrial uses,” such as construction, furniture manufacturing, etc. The other 83% is used largely for fuel and energy in the native countries. Additionally, 81.5% of the manufactured 17% are consumed within their native countries, with only about 18.5% entering international trade. All together, international timber trade only accounts for approximately 1.1% of wood consumption.

This means that the real problem is internal consumption. In contrast, responsible international trade can actually help preserve the forests. Wood exports give forested land value, which in turn encourages maintenance and sustainable practices. It also discourages the development of this land to accommodate the growing population, and brings revenue into these impoverished countries.

We at Stainless Cable & Railing Inc. care about forest preservation, and made it a point to seek out a supplier that practices responsible harvesting. It is with this ethos in mind that the SCR Batu & Ipe product lines were developed.


Customer Reviews

“It looks great! The railing system is on a $3 Million home near the ski resorts...”
    B.K. – Salt Lake City, UT
“I'm very pleased with the quality and strength. Everything fit and went together easily. I was very happy with the way your company takes the time to carefully wrap and pack the railing posts...”
    E.N. – San Diego, CA
Read more reviews on Houzz

Customer Photo Offer!

Get a $25 Starbucks Gift Card by sending us a few large, high resolution photos of your finished SC&R railing.
Stay In The Loop!Join our mailing list
Stainless Cable & Railing on Houzz Stainless Cable & Railing on Pinterest Stainless Cable & Railing on Porch Stainless Cable & Railing on Arcat Stainless Cable & Railing on Twitter Stainless Cable & Railing on Yelp Stainless Cable & Railing on Facebook Stainless Cable & Railing on Google+

Membership with:


We Accept:

VISA, MC, AMEX, PayPal accepted by Deck Railing Cable Rail Stainless Cable and Railing