These Undrilled Balau Mahogany Posts
are ready for any application you desire. Whether you need specifically angled holes or plan to surface mount fittings, these posts give you the personal control you need.
Balau is one of five main groupings for Meranti (also called Lauan) wood. The other four are called Light Red Meranti, Dark Red Meranti, White Meranti, and Yellow Meranti. These woods are members of the Shorea genus and are very popular in southeast Asia. Each group offers different characteristics and benefits.Benefits/Technical Information:
ALL POSTS ARE OVERSIZED AND MUST BE CUT DOWN ON JOB SITE.
- Material: Balau Mahogany, aka Batu Mahogany
- Net Size: 3.5" x 3.5"
- Naturally resistant to rot, decay, and insect attacks
- Highly durable, strong, and easy to maintain
- Engineered to resist checking, cracking, and warping
- Withstands greater loads over greater distances than solid-sawn wood
- Sourced from sustainably managed forests
- Uses less wood fiber per board for increased sustainability
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
- What will your POST MOUNTING METHOD be?
- What design and material would you like for the top rail of your frame?
- Use either PROFESSIONAL SWAGING SERVICE or HAND SWAGING.
Do keep in mind that if you have both ends of your run pre-swaged using our PROFESSIONAL SWAGING SERVICE
, that you'll need to drill terminal-post-size holes through all posts in your run so the attached fittings can pass through. If swaging the fittings yourself, your intermediate posts can have smaller holes to allow only the cable through. Make sure to follow code requirements when spacing your holes. This page
should help. Also make sure that your posts are spaced no more than 4ft. apart to account for cable deflection and adhere to code.
Take a look at our FAQ
, and VIDEOS
pages for more information on our products. Call us with any questions or concerns at 1-888-686-7245 (RAIL)
or email email@example.com
.Product # 734695 & 734701