For a railing with greater presence and a sturdier aesthetic, choose these 6x6 posts. Intended as Terminal posts
at the beginning and end of your run, securing your cables. These pre-drilled posts have larger holes to accommodate fittings.NOTE:
posts for stairs. If you are securing your cables to the inside face of your terminal post (rather than securing through
the post), order undrilled
posts as well as wood post surface mount assemblies
ALL POSTS ARE OVERSIZED AND MUST BE CUT DOWN ON JOB SITE.
- Material: Western Red Cedar
- Net Size: 6" x 6"
- Length Options:
- 44” w/ 11 predrilled holes (requiring 11 cable runs), for
a total railing height of 36" above deck boards
- 48” w/ 13 predrilled holes (requiring 13 cable runs), for a total railing height of 42" above deck boards
- Uniquely engineered Quattro™Post design
- Naturally resistant to rot, decay, and insect attacks
- Highly durable, strong, and easy to maintain
- Engineered to resist checking, cracking, and warping
- Withstands greater loads over greater distances than solid-sawn wood
- Sourced from sustainably managed forests
- Uses less wood fiber per board for increased sustainability
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
- Which METHOD will you use for mounting your posts?
- What top rail material and design would you like?
- Use either PROFESSIONAL SWAGING SERVICE or HAND SWAGING.
If using our PROFESSIONAL SWAGING SERVICE
at both ends of your cable run, your entire run must be composed of TERMINAL POSTS
in order for the swaged fittings to pass through. Get two for each corner. For straight sections, space your posts evenly with a maximum of 4' between them.
If HAND SWAGING (recommended)
, you will need TWO TERMINAL POSTS
; one at the beginning of your run and one at the end. If you have a particularly long run, or one with a lot of corners, you might consider breaking the railing into smaller cable sections to allow proper cable tensioning, thus requiring additional terminal posts (at the beginning and end of each smaller section). All other posts in your system will be Intermediate Posts. For this assembly method, order thru post fitting assemblies
For a complete Western Red Cedar wood frame, take a look at our matching Top Rail
If you're unclear on anything, take a look at our FAQ
. For more extensive or specific concerns, call us at 1-888-686-7245 (RAIL)
. You can also send an estimate request form to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Check out our VIDEOS
too for more product information and project examples.