This post attaches to the surface of your deck and is part of our aluminum cable railing system. Use one for every 4' between the first and last post (the terminal posts) of a cable run. These are designed to guide, but not anchor, your cable infill.DECK MOUNT INTERMEDIATE POSTS
are used between the TERMINAL POSTS and are spaced approximately every 4'. The wire rope passes through without loading the post. Each post is manufactured from 6063 T6 aluminium, providing the strongest cable rail system available.
Intermediate posts come either pre-drilled with powder-coated holes which eliminates many hours of installation labor, or un-drilled which are used in stairs.
The DECK MOUNT INTERMEDIATE POST
mounts directly to the top surface by attachment hardware. Usually these are lag screws or concrete anchors (sold separately).
Each Assembly Includes:
1ea BASE PLATE
1ea NEOPRENE RUBBER BASE PAD
4ea 1/4-20 x 2 1/2in FLATHEAD PHILLIPS T/F SS SCREWS w/ Corrosion-Resistant Coating
For additional corrosion prevention, purchase Grommets
for each hole. Our grommets can also be used to keep the cables from rattling against post walls in windy areas.SOME POST VARIATIONS ARE OVERSIZED AND MUST BE CUT DOWN ON JOB SITE.
- Available for either 36" or 42" rail heights. 2 3/8" square
- Powder Coat Finish: Baked on color coating that meets AAMA 2604 standards.
- Anodized Finish: Brushed black or clear electrochemically-achieved protective outer layer for increased corrosion resistance.
- 13 9mm predrilled holes (requiring 13 cable runs), for a total railing height of 42" above deck boards.
- 11 9mm predrilled holes (requiring 11 cable runs), for a total railing height of 36" above deck boards..
Use the CableView Railing™ WORKSHEET to design your aluminum railing system and consider the following:
- Are you going to DECK MOUNT or FASCIA MOUNT your posts?
- Which top rail will I use?
- Use either PROFESSIONAL SWAGING SERVICE or HAND SWAGING.
If PROFESSIONAL SWAGING SERVICE
is used at both ends of the cable run: Use DECK OR FASCIA MOUNT TERMINAL POSTS
for every post in your aluminum handrail, including double offset posts at the corners. This will allow the attached fitting to pass through every post in the system.
If HAND SWAGING
your assemblies (RECOMMENDED)
: Minimum of 2 DECK OR FASCIA MOUNT TERMINAL POSTS
are required for each cable run (wherever your cable begins and ends). If your cable run also has 90 degree corners, use double INTERMEDIATE POSTS
at each corner. Use DECK OR FASCIA MOUNT INTERMEDIATE POSTS
spaced evenly (4' Max) for the remainder of the posts. CABLE CRIMPERS
and CABLE CUTTERS
For design and ordering assistance, give us a call at 1-888-686-7245 (RAIL)
. For a free estimate, fill out our ESTIMATE REQUEST FORM
and send it to us via fax. You can also email it to email@example.com
and we will respond within 24 hours. Check out our cable railing videos
for design inspiration and more product information.Product # 710135, 710128, 710616, 710609, 729592, 729608, 729615, 729622, 729639, 729691, 729707, 729714, 729602, & 729596