This post attaches to the side of your deck and is part of our aluminum cable railing system. Use one for every 4' between the first and last post (the terminal posts) of a cable run. These are designed to guide, but not anchor, your cable infill.FASCIA MOUNT INTERMEDIATE POSTS
are used between the TERMINAL POSTS and are spaced approximately every 4'. The wire rope passes through without loading the post. Each post is manufactured from 6063 T6 aluminum providing the strongest cable rail system available.
Intermediate posts come either pre-drilled with powder-coated holes to eliminate many hours of installation labor, or undrilled for custom drilling during installation. The drilled posts sold on this page are for flat runs.
For stair runs, buy undrilled or call us for angled hole drilling.
The FASCIA MOUNT INTERMEDIATE POST
mounts directly to the rim joist or fascia board by attachment hardware. Usually these are lag bolts (sold separately).
For additional corrosion prevention, purchase Grommets
for each hole. Our grommets can also be used to keep the cables from rattling against post walls in windy areas.
NOTE: ALL POSTS ARE OVERSIZED AND MUST BE CUT DOWN ON JOB SITE.
- Available for either 36" or 42" rail heights. 2 3/8" square
- Powder Coat Finish: Baked on color coating that meets AAMA 2604 standards.
- Anodized Finish: Brushed black or clear electrochemically-achieved protective outer layer for increased corrosion resistance.
- 13 9mm predrilled holes (requiring 13 cable runs), for a total railing height of 42" above deck boards.
- 11 9mm predrilled holes (requiring 11 cable runs), for a total railing height of 36" above deck boards.
- Qty (2) mounting holes must be drilled.
Use the CableView Railing™ WORKSHEET to design your aluminum railing system and consider the following:
- Are you going to DECK MOUNT or FASCIA MOUNT your posts?
- Which top rail will I use?
- Use either PROFESSIONAL SWAGING SERVICE or HAND SWAGING.
If PROFESSIONAL SWAGING SERVICE
is used at both ends of the cable run: Use DECK OR FASCIA MOUNT TERMINAL POSTS
for every post in your aluminum handrail, including double offset posts at the corners. This will allow the attached fitting to pass through every post in the system.
If HAND SWAGING
your assemblies (RECOMMENDED)
: Minimum of 2 DECK OR FASCIA MOUNT TERMINAL POSTS
are required for each cable run (wherever your cable begins and ends). If your cable run also has 90 degree corners, use double INTERMEDIATE POSTS
at each corner. Use DECK OR FASCIA MOUNT INTERMEDIATE POSTS
spaced evenly (4' Max) for the remainder of the posts. CABLE CRIMPERS
and CABLE CUTTERS
Call us at 1-888-686-7245 (RAIL)
for any ordering assistance, or send us an ESTIMATE REQUEST FORM
if you already know what you want. You can fax your estimate request to us or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. We will respond to any estimates and questions within 24 hours. Take a look at our cable railing videos
if you'd like to learn more about cable railing applications.Product # 710203, 710197, 710678, 710661, 734633, 729745, 734626, 729752, 734619, 729769, 734602, 729776, 734596, & 729783