Western Red Cedar has been a construction favorite for hundreds of years thanks to its strength, beauty, and versatility. This top rail, or cap rail, is nearly half the thickness of typical wood railings, allowing you to keep your view even more open. In order to maintain structural integrity, this top rail option should be supported underneath by our POST-TO-POST
aluminum rail (sold separately), which discretely runs between posts and matches our other aluminum railing components.
These top rails are Select Tight Knot Grade
, meaning they possess color and grain variation with sound, tight knots distributed across the boards. This grade offers greater character and a more accessible price than our clear-grade woods. As with all our wood top rails, these boards are hand-selected from our supplier to offer you the best quality available.Technical Information:
- Material: Western Red Cedar
- Dimensions: 5/4in x 6in
- Attaches directly to the top of any post
- High Grade Tight-Knot wood variety
- Sanded on all sides for a smooth finish
- Harvested from sustainably managed forests in British Columbia
- Highly durable, strong, and easy to maintain
- “Tight Knot” grain offers a textured, rustic aesthetic that more closely matches our Western Red Cedar Posts
- Naturally resistant to rot, decay, and insect attacks
- Pitch and resin-free, making it perfect for staining
Combine this lovely top rail with Western Red Cedar
posts.NOTE: Requires Aluminum Post-to-Post support due to thinness; sold separately.
Call 1-888-686-7245 (RAIL)
or email email@example.com
if you have any questions or require assistance.