This kit contains the equipment and products needed to properly care for stainless steel.
Stainless steel has a naturally high resistance to corrosion due to its passive layer. Even the highest grades of stainless steel (including Marine Grade 316, which we use for our products), however, are capable of rusting if poorly maintained, especially in highly corrosive environments. Salt and chlorine in particular are highly corrosive, so applications near swimming pools and oceans require more frequent care.
Regardless of the application, air and water vapor are omnipresent. We recommend periodically cleaning and protecting your stainless steel frames and cables to maintain their brilliant appearance and luster.Features & Benefits:
- CitriSurf® is a citric acid solution that both cleans the surface of stainless steel and reinforces the passive layer that protects it moving forward.
- Rust Rescue is a chemical mixture designed to deeply penetrate every crevice and pore of your stainless steel, sealing out air and water vapor to prolong protection as much as possible.
- The Scotch Brite scouring pad helps loosen up any tea staining or rust that may have settled on your stainless steel without scratching it.
- The included gloves will protect your hands while working with Rust Rescue, which can cause skin irritation for some people.
- Spray CitriSurf® onto your frames and/or cables and wipe down using a clean, soft cloth.
- Once all stainless surfaces have been cleaned and passivated using the CitriSurf®, prepare Rust Rescue 200 by shaking or stirring the mixture.
- Using a clean, soft cloth, sprayer, brush, or roller, apply Rust Rescue to your stainless steel frame and/or cables.
- Wait 2-3 minutes, then wipe off excess.
- Allow the remaining solution to dry completely. A hot air oven, hair dryer, or other drying medium may be used to accelerate this process.
Wear gloves through the entirety of this process. Rust Recue 200 is a Calcium Sulfonate based material and may cause irritation to exposed skin for some people.
- Safety Note:
Application Note: It is recommended that both solutions be tested on a small area prior to bulk application.
Here is some technical product information on CitriSurf® 77 Plus
and Rust Rescue
CitriSurf is a registered trademark of Stellar Solutions, Inc., McHenry, IL USProduct # 011448