Our Alaskan Yellow Cedar Top Rail / Cap Rail possesses a level of durability and strength uncharacteristic of lighter wood species. Hailing from the mountain ranges of northwestern America, this slow-growth, dense timber combines structural strength with delicate coloration.
These top rails are Clear Grade
, meaning they are exceptionally knot-free and visibly smooth in coloration and texture. We hand-pick our wood top rails personally from our premium wood supplier to ensure we are passing on the best of the best.Technical Information:
- Material: Alaskan Yellow Cedar
- Dimensions: 2in x 6in; board lengths vary depending on layout of project
- Attaches directly to the top of any post
- Grade A, Clear Vertical Grain
- Highly durable, strong, and easy to maintain
- Slow-growth, high-density timber species that naturally resists rot, decay, and insect attacks
- Sourced from sustainably managed forests
- Heavy and sturdy; ideal for bearing the tension of cable infill.
- Bright color injects a burst of sunshine into any railing project.
- Recognized as one of the finest timbers in the world.
- Increasing in popularity for construction applications.
- Prefers no oil treatment during the first year following installation for optimal longevity, cutting down on installation time and maintenance needs.
- Holding off on oil treatment will also allow the wood's color to soften to silver, which may be desirable, and will look stunning with any of our post options.
Combine this lovely top rail with one of our metal post options: ALUMINUM
, ROUND STAINLESS STEEL
, or SQUARE STAINLESS STEELNOTE: Aluminum posts require Post-to-Post support for wood top rails.
Not sure what to pair your Alaskan Yellow Wood Top Rail with? Need help with the ordering process or answers to any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 1-888-686-7245 (RAIL)
; we're happy to help! You can also find more information and inspiration on our FAQ
, and VIDEOS
pages.Product # 989306, 989313, & 989320