Inserts through drilled holes in either wood or metal end posts and attaches with TERMINAL FITTINGS
. The perfect solution that allows the homeowner or installer to have complete control of cable length at the job site. All wire rope cutting and swaging is done using the CABLE CUTTER
and CABLE CRIMPER
"TWO TENSIONING ENDS"
- 11 assemblies needed for each cable run 36" high.
- 13 assemblies needed for each cable run 42" high. TIP: It's more economical to have longer cable runs that run continuously around corners so fewer fittings are needed.
VARIATION ALLOWS TENSIONING ON BOTH ENDS OF THE CABLE. IDEAL FOR RUNS THAT ARE LONG OR OTHERWISE REQUIRE ADDITIONAL TENSIONING.
Parts and services needed to complete 1 assembly :
Note: Stainless Steel is highly resistant, but not impervious to the elements, and requires minimal maintenance for ideal results.
- 1x19 STAINLESS CABLE for straight runs and runs with slight bends or 7x7 STAINLESS CABLE for runs that have 90 degree corners.
- 1 FIELD ASSEMBLY THREADED TERMINAL + 1 FIELD SWAGED THREADED TENSIONER Note: For all Assembly lengths >50'(70' max) and/or runs from 0-70' with more than 1 90 degree corner, use 2 FIELD SWAGED THREADED TENSIONER (instead of 1 FIELD SWAGED THREADED TERMINAL + 1 FIELD SWAGED THREADED TENSIONER), to allow cable tightening at both ends of your run.
- CABLE CUTTER + CABLE CRIMPER
We recommend applying Citrisurf 77 Plus
to all exposed stainless steel components at the time of installation. In addition, apply Boeshield T9
if within 10 miles of a marine environment to further protect the stainless steel. Learn more about these products and general stainless steel care on our Cleaning & Maintenance Page
Need help designing your railing project or an estimate? Email drawings(non-technical OK) to us at:
and we will respond within 24 hours. See the WORKSHEETS
tab for additional resources or just phone/fax us at 1-888-686-7245 (RAIL)
. We are happy to help!