Western Red Cedar has been a construction favorite for hundreds of years thanks to its strength, beauty, and versatility. This top rail, or cap rail, is nearly half the thickness of typical wood railings, allowing you to keep your view even more open. In order to maintain structural integrity, this top rail option should be supported underneath by our POST-TO-POST
aluminum rail (sold separately), which discretely runs between posts and matches our other aluminum railing components.
These top rails are Clear Grade
, meaning they are exceptionally knot-free and visibly smooth in coloration and texture. We hand-pick our wood top rails personally from our premium wood supplier to ensure we are passing on the best of the best.Technical Information:
- Material: Western Red Cedar
- Dimensions: 2in x 4in
- Attaches directly to the top of any post
- Knot-free “Clear Grain” wood variety of the highest grade
- Sanded on three sides with two eased edges
- Harvested from sustainably managed old growth forests in British Columbia
- Highly durable, strong, and easy to maintain
- “Clear” grain offers an even, clean look that can only be attained from large old-growth trees
- Naturally resistant to rot, decay, and insect attacks
- Pitch and resin-free, making it perfect for staining
Combine this lovely top rail with Western Red Cedar
posts.NOTE: Requires Aluminum Post-to-Post support due to thinness; sold separately.
Call 1-888-686-7245 (RAIL)
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions or require assistance.