Our 7x7 cable combines the thickness of 3/16 cable with the flexibility of 1/8 cable. This more rope-like design of twisted wire bundles will smoothly accommodate corners and stair transitions without forming any visible bends in the cable.
Unlike the typical rigging cables used in construction, our cable is independently verified and chemically tested to only be Grade 316L: a specific class of marine grade stainless steel that boasts lower carbon content and higher luster. After accepting our cables, we clean and electro-polish them for superior shine and beauty. When you order our cables, you can be sure you're ordering the highest quality cable out there.
Benefits / Technical Information:
- Material: 316L Marine Grade Stainless Steel
- Size: 3/16" for commercial or residential
- Actual Breaking Load: 3303 lbs.
- All our cable railing hardware and end fittings are engineered specifically for our cable, ensuring compatibility.
- Mill Test Certificate and Chemical Analysis available on request.
- Use in runs with bends, corners, and stair transitions of any angle.
- Priced per foot to prevent excess cable waste.
Note: STAINLESS CABLE & RAILING™
assemblies, fittings, and wire rope should only be used for their intended purpose within the cables safe workload limit and never be used in lifting or other high load applications.Stainless Steel is highly resistant, but not impervious to the elements, and requires minimal maintenance for ideal results.
We recommend applying Passivator
to all exposed stainless steel components at the time of installation. In addition, apply Boeshield T9
if within 10 miles of a marine environment to further protect the stainless steel. Learn more about these products and general stainless steel care on our Cleaning & Maintenance Page