Stainless steel will corrode over time if not properly maintained. To keep your stainless steel products bright and lustrous, make sure to regularly clean, passivate, and seal them. This product, Rust Rescue, is used to keep your stainless steel frames and/or cables clean for as long as possible.
Rust Rescue is a complex lubricant that seeps into the pores and surface features of stainless steel products. Once dry, it acts as a deep-penetrating protective barrier that displaces water and keeps contaminants from making contact with the metal. Apply after using CitriSurf® 77 Plus or CitriSurf® 2310 (sold in our store). Reapply as needed.Features & Benefits:
- Seeps into pits, pores, and other surface features of stainless steel.
- Provides deep protection from air and moisture, supporting the passive layer to better resist corrosion.
- Liquid solution offers easy and versatile application.
- Designed to be used in conjunction with CitriSurf® 77 Plus and 2310.
- Once the stainless steel has been cleaned and passivated using a CitriSurf® solution, prepare Rust Rescue 200 by shaking or stirring the mixture.
- Using a clean, soft cloth, sprayer, brush, or roller, apply Rust Rescue to your stainless steel frame and/or cables.
- Wait 2-3 minutes, then wipe off excess.
- Allow the remaining solution to dry completely. A hot air oven, hair dryer, or other drying medium may be used to accelerate this process.
Wear gloves through the entirety of this process. Rust Recue 200 is a Calcium Sulfonate based material and may cause irritation to exposed skin for some people.
- Safety Note:
Application Note: It is recommended that the solution be tested on a small area prior to bulk application.
Here is some Technical Product Information
CitriSurf is a registered trademark of Stellar Solutions, Inc., McHenry, IL USProduct # 012445 & 012452