The FineLine™ DRILL & TAP ASSEMBLY
is a compact, architectural assembly that represents the best in engineered cable rail systems for your metal posts. Drill and tap directly into steel posts (Min.1/4" thickness required). All swage marks are completely hidden from view! Use HAND SWAGING
for this assembly type.
- 11 assemblies needed for each cable run 36" high.
- 13 assemblies needed for each cable run 42" high. TIP: It's more economical to have longer cable runs that run continuously around corners so fewer fittings are needed.
Minimum metal post requirements:
- STEEL PIPE 2"x 2"x 1/4" or 1 1/2" ID or 1 1/8" OD
- ANGLE IRON or WELDED TAB 2"x 2"x 1/2"
- FLAT BAR 2" wide and 1" thick
Parts and services needed to complete this cable assembly:
Note: Stainless Steel is highly resistant, but not impervious to the elements, and requires minimal maintenance for ideal results.
- SWAGE STUD WITH 1x19 CABLE for straight runs and runs with slight bends or SWAGE STUD WITH 7x7 CABLE for runs that have 90 degree corners. A SWAGE STUD is "fixed" at one end of the cable by pre-swaging (no charge) at the factory and is not to be swaged by hand in the field.
- 1 FineLine™ DRILL & TAP TURNBUCKLE Note: For all Assembly lengths >50' (70' max) and/or runs from 0-70' with more than 1 90 degree corner, it is recommended to omit the SWAGE STUD WITH CABLE and use 2 FineLine™ DRILL & TAP TURNBUCKLES instead to allow cable tightening at both ends of your run. In this situation, substitute the SWAGE STUD WITH CABLE with STAINLESS CABLE
- CABLE CUTTER + CABLE CRIMPER tools to hand swage your wire rope assemblies.
We recommend applying Passivator
to all exposed stainless steel components at the time of installation. In addition, apply Boeshield T9
if within 10 miles of a marine environment to further protect the stainless steel. Learn more about these products and general stainless steel care on our Cleaning & Maintenance Page
Need help designing your railing project or an estimate? Email drawings(non-technical OK) to us at:
and we will respond within 24 hours. See the WORKSHEETS
tab for additional resources or just phone/fax us at 1-888-686-7245 (RAIL)
. We are happy to help!