This size works well for a more robust frame or corner accents. These posts are pre-drilled for intermediate
applications in your cable run. The thinner holes allow only cable to pass through, not fittings. Space them no more than 4' apart.NOTE:
For stairs and other situations where custom hole-drilling is required, order undrilled
ALL POSTS ARE OVERSIZED AND MUST BE CUT DOWN ON JOB SITE.
- Material: Western Red Cedar
- Net Size: 6" x 6"
- Length Options:
- 44” w/ 11 predrilled holes (requiring 11 cable runs), for
a total railing height of 36" above deck boards
- 48” w/ 13 predrilled holes (requiring 13 cable runs), for a total railing height of 42" above deck boards
- Uniquely engineered Quattro™Post design
- Naturally resistant to rot, decay, and insect attacks
- Highly durable, strong, and easy to maintain
- Engineered to resist checking, cracking, and warping
- Withstands greater loads over greater distances than solid-sawn wood
- Sourced from sustainably managed forests
- Uses less wood fiber per board for increased sustainability
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
- Which METHOD will you use for mounting your posts?
- What top rail material and design would you like?
- Use either PROFESSIONAL SWAGING SERVICE or HAND SWAGING.
If you use our PROFESSIONAL SWAGING SERVICE
for both ends of the cable run, then skip intermediate posts all together. You'll need TERMINAL POSTS
for the entirety of your run to accommodate the pre-attached fittings.
If HAND SWAGING
instead (which is recommended)
, then here is some information that will help you calculate the number of intermediate posts you need:
The first and last post of your run (where the cable starts and stops) will have to be TERMINAL POSTS. You will need two INTERMEDIATE POSTS for every 90 degree corner. For the straight parts of your run, the intermediate posts will be spaced evenly (4' Max).
For this option, order thru post fitting assemblies.
You might also be interested in our Western Red Cedar Top Rail
Have questions about our cedar posts and other products? Don't hesitate to give us a call at 1-888-686-7245 (RAIL)
or email email@example.com
. Send us a filled out estimate request form for a free estimate. For online assistance, take a look at our FAQ
, and VIDEOS