Stainless Cable & Railing Inc. now offers Western Red Cedar Cable Railing Frames!
Western Red Cedar is a standard building material used for all sorts of construction purposes thanks to its natural strength and durability. This bright wood option is perfect for adding a natural touch to any railing project.
AVERAGE ORDER: $75-95/LF
Varies depending on configuration
- How tall do you want your railing system to be? 36 inch or 42 inch?
- Would you prefer drilled or undrilled posts? Pre-drilled posts save you time and effort, but undrilled allows you more customization opportunities and accommodates angled surfaces, like stairs.
- Our posts are available in two sizes: 4x4 and 6x6. Both post thicknesses are sturdy enough for intermediate and terminal applications. Which size you choose depends on the look you're going for. Mix the sizes for increased visual interest and variability in your railing.
- Determine the Mounting Method that's best for your application
- Don't forget Mounting Hardware, Fittings, and Cable Infill
The posts we offer are Premium Knotty Western Red Cedar Quattro™Posts
. These posts are engineered products developed by SynergyPacific, of which we have recently become an authorized distributor. Harvested and manufactured in Canada, these posts are meticulously treated, laminated, kiln dried, and bound together into a unique design, resulting in more visually and structurally consistent beams. For more information, examples, and images of Quattro™Post applications, take a look at this trifold brochure
Our Western Red Cedar Top Rails are not engineered, as these beams don't need to withstand as much tension as the posts supporting them, but they are harvested and cut to be "Clear" (grain-free) or "Select Tight-Knot".
SC&R's railing systems are highly configurable. Combine a cedar top rail or posts with other materials: ALUMINUM
, ROUND STAINLESS STEEL
, or SQUARE STAINLESS STEEL
If you are only interested in a wood top rail and would like something slightly lighter, we carry Alaskan Yellow Cedar
. If you're more interested in a darker, richer wood, we also offer a couple exotic species: Balau Mahogany
and Ipe Brazilian Walnut
For more detailed descriptions of our wood products' purposes and applications, consult our Wood Installation Instructions
and Special Terms for Wood Orders
or email us any time for design and ordering assistance. We're happy to help!