Are you tired of painting your commercial welded handrails? Looking to improve your property's appearance and resale value? Consider using SC&R FineLine™ ASSEMBLIES
which are manufactured exclusively out of 316
Stainless Steel, instead of the welded infill. For about the same money, you will enjoy decades of maintenance free service. STAINLESS CABLE & RAILING
™ only offers the best and most affordable cable rail assemblies and fittings for your deck, balcony, and handrail cable railing project.
The FineLine™ DRILL & TAP ASSEMBLY
is a compact, architectural assembly that represents the best in engineered cable rail systems for your metal posts. Drill and tap directly into steel posts (Min.1/4" thickness required). All swage marks are completely hidden from view! Use HAND SWAGING
for this assembly type.
- 11 assemblies needed for each cable run 36" high.
- 13 assemblies needed for each cable run 42" high. TIP: It's more economical to have longer cable runs that run continuously around corners so fewer fittings are needed.
Minimum metal post requirements:
- STEEL PIPE 2"x 2"x 1/4" or 1 1/2" ID or 1 1/8" OD
- ANGLE IRON or WELDED TAB 2"x 2"x 1/2"
- FLAT BAR 2" wide and 1" thick
Parts and services (Sold Separately) needed to complete this cable assembly:
- Order: SWAGE STUD WITH 1x19 CABLE for straight runs and runs with slight bends or Order: SWAGE STUD WITH 7x7 CABLE for runs that have 90 degree corners. A SWAGE STUD is "fixed" at one end of the cable by pre-swaging (no charge) at the factory and is not to be swaged by hand in the field.
- Order: 1 FineLine™ DRILL & TAP TURNBUCKLE Note: For all Assembly lengths >50' (70' max) and/or runs from 0-70' with more than 1 90 degree corner, it is recommended to omit the SWAGE STUD WITH CABLE and use 2 FineLine™ DRILL & TAP TURNBUCKLES instead to allow cable tightening at both ends of your run. In this situation, substitute the SWAGE STUD WITH CABLE with STAINLESS CABLE
- Order: CABLE CUTTER + CABLE CRIMPER tools to hand swage your wire rope assemblies.
Order online from the components below.
Need help designing your railing project or an estimate? Email drawings(non-technical OK) to us at:
and we will respond within 24 hours. See the WORKSHEETS
tab for additional resources or just phone/fax us at 1-888-686-7245 (RAIL)
. We are happy to help! STAINLESS CABLE & RAILING
™ ASSEMBLIES are the smart choice. Stainless Cable & Railing offers turnkey deck cable railing using steel posts, wood posts, aluminum posts, and stain less steel posts. Favorite among general contractors are the aluminum and stainless steel posts for remodels and new house construction. Competitor aluminum posts are not as strong as Stain less Cable & Railing posts. We engineered additional webbing internally within each end post to resist the flexing. The homeowner can relax knowing their posts are the best in the construction business and are designed specifically for cable railing system applications. Stainless Cable Railing systems start as low as $20 a l/f and are a great replacement to glass railing systems. Unlike glass railing systems stainless cable rail systems require no upkeep. See our videos on modern stair cable railings
or check out our deck railing designs