This Ipe top rail, also called a cap rail, is nearly half the thickness of typical wood railings, allowing you to keep your view even more open. In order to maintain structural integrity, this top rail option should be supported underneath by our POST-TO-POST
aluminum rail (sold separately), which discretely runs between posts and matches our other aluminum railing components.
Benefits / Technical Information:
- Material: Ipe Brazilian Walnut
- Easily one of the strongest hardwoods in the world. In the Janka Hardness Test, it can withstand 3,600 lbs. Ipe also has triple the bend strength of Western Red Cedar.
- Highly resistant to shrinking, twisiting, splintering, checking, and cupping. Also resistant to rot and insects.
- Awarded a Class-A fire resistance rating; the same rating given to materials like concrete and steel.
- Will last 25-75 years due to its high durability, requiring only minimal maintenance like oil treatments.
- NOTE: Requires carbide tipped saw blades and stainless steel screws to cut and hold this dense ironwood. To save labor, posts can be ordered pre-drilled for the cable assemblies.
Call 1-888-686-7245 (RAIL)
or email email@example.com
if you have any questions or require assistance.