This Ipe Top Rail / Cap Rail
is remarkably durable and low-maintenance, specifically designed with cable railing systems in mind. Attaches directly to the top of any post. Sold in 10",15', and 20' lengths.
Benefits / Technical Information:
- Material: Ipe Brazilian Walnut
- Actual Dimensions: 1.5in x 3.5in
- Easily one of the strongest hardwoods in the world. In the Janka Hardness Test, it can withstand 3,600 lbs. Ipe also has triple the bend strength of Western Red Cedar.
- Highly resistant to shrinking, twisiting, splintering, checking, and cupping. Also resistant to rot and insects.
- Awarded a Class-A fire resistance rating; the same rating given to materials like concrete and steel.
- Will last 25-75 years due to its high durability, requiring only minimal maintenance like oil treatments.
- NOTE: Requires carbide tipped saw blades and stainless steel screws to cut and hold this dense ironwood. To save labor, posts can be ordered pre-drilled for the cable assemblies.
Post options to finish your Ipe Railing (sold separately):NOTE: Aluminum posts require Post-to-Post support for wood top rails.
If you are unsure about any aspects of the ordering process, or just want design advice, pick up the phone and call 1-888-686-7245 (RAIL)
. You can also email a drawing of your project to email@example.com
for a free estimate. We're happy to help you any way we can and will respond within 24 hours. For online assistance, check out our WORKSHEETS
. You might also find our deck railing designs
and other YouTube videos on cable railing
helpful.Product # 988910, 988927, & 988934