Our black cable railing kits come complete with 10 feet of 1x19 marine grade stainless steel black wire rope and necessary end fittings. These cables and fittings have been coated with black oxide to give them a dark, matte appearance as an alternative to the light, shiny look of raw stainless steel. This chemically-achieved coating also helps the stainless steel better resist corrosion. Use these universal cable railing pieces to fill any frame.
This kit is currently only available for 1/8" cable size, typically used for residential projects. Make sure to specify what material your posts are made of above so the right washers are included with your assemblies.
This kit contains everything you need for a single strand of cable infill:
- 10 feet of 1/8" 1x19 cable
- 1ea Pre-Swaged Field Tensioner
- 1ea Un-Swaged Field Terminal
- 2ea Acorn Nuts
- 2ea Hex Nuts
- 2ea Washers (for metal or wood posts)
- Assembly Instructions
Order 11 kits for a standard 36" railing w/ 11 holes. Order 13 kits for a standard 42" railing w/ 13 holes.
For 35deg stair sections, we offer matching black oxide angled washers
.NOTE: Field Terminal requires crimping during installation and cables require cutting.
Both cutters and crimpers can be found in our TOOL SHOP
- 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel cable and fittings
- Black wire rope is darker and more subtle than raw stainless steel
- Oxidized coating offers additional corrosion resistance
- Tough and durable, with lasting beauty
- Slender, simple design keeps view open and ship-weight light
- Easy to cut, crimp, and adjust in the field.
- Can be used with any frame regardless of material or application, indoors or out
Product # 014005, 014012, 019277, 719343, 719381, & 719428
Comes with 1/8" Residential Diameter cable only.
- Cable Note:
Tool Note: Requires Cable Cutters. No Cable Crimper needed.
Stainless Note: Stainless Steel requires minimal maintenance. Apply Passivator to all exposed stainless steel components during installation, plus Rust Rescue if within 10 miles of a marine environment. Learn more about Stainless Cleaning & Maintenance
Black Oxide Note: Stainless Cable & Railing Inc. cannot guarantee the consistency or performance of black oxide cables and fittings. Additionally, these products may obtain an oily or powdery residue as a result of the oxidizing process, which may require the installer to wipe them down following installation.