The CLASSIC BALL ASSEMBLY
is a classic design adopted from sailboat/marine technology for use in architectural handrails. Works well for angled stair cable runs as well as straight runs with wood or metal posts. Use either PROFESSIONAL SWAGING SERVICE
or HAND SWAGING
- 11 assemblies needed for each cable run 36" high.
- 13 assemblies needed for each cable run 42" high. TIP: It's more economical to have longer cable runs that run continuously around corners so fewer fittings are needed.
Parts and services needed to complete 1 assembly :
Note: Stainless Steel is highly resistant, but not impervious to the elements, and requires minimal maintenance for ideal results.
- 1x19 STAINLESS CABLE for straight runs and runs with slight bends or 7x7 STAINLESS CABLE for runs that have 90 degree corners.
- If HAND SWAGING, choose a FIELD SWAGED BALL END.
If using our PROFESSIONAL SWAGING SERVICE, choose a FACTORY SWAGED BALL END and provide us with your measurements at checkout.Note: For all Assembly lengths >50' (70' max) and/or runs from 0-70' with more than 1 90 degree corner, it is recommended to omit the SWAGE BALL END and use 2 CLASSIC BALL TURNBUCKLES instead to allow cable tightening at both ends of your run.
- PROFESSIONAL SWAGING SERVICE or CABLE CUTTER + CABLE CRIMPER tools to hand swage your wire rope assemblies.
We recommend applying Passivator
to all exposed stainless steel components at the time of installation. In addition, apply Rust Rescue
if within 10 miles of a marine environment to further protect the stainless steel. Learn more about these products and general stainless steel care on our Cleaning & Maintenance Page
Need help designing your railing project or an estimate? Email drawings (non-technical OK) to us at:
and we will respond within 24 hours. See the WORKSHEETS
tab for additional resources or just phone/fax us at 1-888-686-7245 (RAIL)
. We are happy to help!Product # 712399, 712405, & 985933