Black cable railing adds a contemporary flair to this southwestern cabin. The fascia-mount posts keep the stair and loft area open, while the black color contrasts nicely with the lighter, earthy palette of the space.
This project includes two staircases: one that goes up to a loft area and one that goes down to a bedroom area. The latter includes some unique layout solutions. Due to the shape of the space, the cable terminates on the ceiling using surface mount toggle fittings. The posts, which appear to be embedded into the wall along the staircase, are actually fascia mounted to the staircase inside the wall.Features & Benefits:
- Reinforced aluminum system withstands the tension of cable infill without bending.
- Black powder-coat provides a dramatic and high-contrast look while protecting the aluminum from the elements.
- Post-to-Post Handrail supports customer's wood top rail.
- Fascia mount posts are attached to the side, rather than the top of a surface, keeping the area open and spacious.
- Field assemblies have a low-profile look with no bulky turnbuckle.
- Angled Stair Washers allow the field assemblies to properly handle the stair sections of this railing.
- Surface Mount Toggle assemblies attach to post faces or walls and accommodate any angle; ideal for stairs.
This gallery page includes a picture of one of the railing systems after Post-to-Post installation and cable tensioning, but prior to the wood top rail's installation.